aranjuez

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Hey guys,

I wanted to know which ExamKrackers book is the best one to get to supplement the Kaplan materials. For example, people have made it painfully clear that the bio section on Kaplan is not as comprehensive as we would hope it to be. So, would the ExamKrackers one be it's complement?

Also, I've come to find that g chem and o chem are largely covered the same way in the books that I have come across. Is it really worth buying the ExamKrackers for these?

aranjuez

smnop

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Brooklyn, ny
Status
Dental Student
aranjuez said:
Hey guys,

I wanted to know which ExamKrackers book is the best one to get to supplement the Kaplan materials. For example, people have made it painfully clear that the bio section on Kaplan is not as comprehensive as we would hope it to be. So, would the ExamKrackers one be it's complement?

Also, I've come to find that g chem and o chem are largely covered the same way in the books that I have come across. Is it really worth buying the ExamKrackers for these?

aranjuez
I bought the EK ochem book and i'm studying from it these days...i think it's pretty much the same thing as kaplan...kaplan actually has more information than the EK book. however, the EK book has a lot more pictures and they're colored and it's still helping me a lot from studying it..also they have a lot charts...for example they have one that tells most acidic functional groups to least acidic in one box...it's summarized well...

dat_student

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Weyburn Terrace :-)
Status
aranjuez said:
Hey guys,

aranjuez
Bio:
MCAT Biological Sciences Review (Princeton Review) & AP Biology Books are good.

G'Chem:
EK 1001 is good for G'Chem but I believe it's an overkill

O'Chem:
I only thoroughly read McMurry 4th edition.

DDS:)

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
Status
Dental Student
I used EK biology (good, except lacking classification, evolution and ecology); EK 1001 Gchem, EK 1001 Ochem, do lots practice questions definitely help. ;)

About the Ads