Excited to get started - hi y'all!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MtMeadowlark

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to introduce myself - if this is the wrong spot, please let me know where to post. 🙂 I'm a long-time lurker so I figured I would come out and say hi. I am 32 and a mom of 4. I'm a Marine Corps veteran and have a B.S. in psychology. It's been my lifelong dream to be a doctor and I am so excited to FINALLY be making significant progress toward it by starting my science prereqs this fall at a local university.

Does anyone else have very young children and a goal of med school? My kids range in age from 2-10.
 
Hi there! I also have young children. I'm 26 in august, I have 4 children. I am just doing my science pre-reqs and then I am done 🙂. I work 30 hours a week and go to school full-time, luckily my wife stays at home to take care of our 4 children. But I can tell you that it is very hard, it's difficult to balance family, work, and school - unfortunately one of those things doesn't always get my 100%; there's just not always enough time in the day. But we live like no one else right now, so that we can live like no one else in the future.

🙂 🙂
 
Hi 🙂 I have a 10 month old baby. I am a military wife (but I don't let that define me 😉 ) and hoping to one day go to med school. We move wayyyy too much right now and life is up in the air for any real progress! Just doing 3 classes at a CC since I have free babysitting right now. Congrats on your decision!