Exciting new EM Residency Program!! (MURND) Seeking Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted128562

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users
So... do we get honorary DNPs upon completion of this rigorous residency?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the anesthesia rotation with nurse anesthesiologists or MDAs...?

Reactions: 1 user
Pssst.
What's a "MDA"?
I don't know if you are serious, but I'll give you the serious answer. MDA is not "Musculodystrophy Association" (like, Jerry Lewis on Labor Day), but, the CRNA term for MD anesthesiologists. Doctors themselves don't use the term, because we don't have to. We're the status quo. That's the mid-level lobby.

I love this.

Will there be a prairie dog medicine elective or a rotation at the Carhartt factory outlet employee health clinic?

I kid you not, I was working in the satellite clinic of MURND and a kiddo needed some stitches on his finger. The nurses (who were good enough to be doctors, if that had wanted to be), weren't capable of doing a sedation. So the CRNA had to be involved, but they weren't comfortable with 2.5 hours since liquid PO intake... So they too the kid to the OR, intubated them, and a general surgeon repaired the minor laceration!

* kid did need a sedation due to age, location of cut.

I kid you not, I was working in the satellite clinic of MURND and a kiddo needed some stitches on his finger. The nurses (who were good enough to be doctors, if that had wanted to be), weren't capable of doing a sedation. So the CRNA had to be involved, but they weren't comfortable with 2.5 hours since liquid PO intake... So they too the kid to the OR, intubated them, and a general surgeon repaired the minor laceration!

The ability of our Providers to care for a young patient in an Optimum Team Based Practice(TM) model while breaking down outdated and tone-deaf physician supervisory requirements is what makes America's health care system the greatest in the world. I'm proud to work alongside such heroes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ketamine. Wrap child.
Fix lac.
Eff off.

Doesn't need anything so extensive.

The ability of our Providers to care for a young patient in an Optimum Team Based Practice(TM) model while breaking down outdated and tone-deaf physician supervisory requirements is what makes America's health care system the greatest in the world. I'm proud to work alongside such heroes.

This really, really, made me laugh-out-loud.

Best thread on here in quite some time. hits all the feels.

Oooo I heard that upon graduation you have a guaranteed job within the same corporate organization, and they pay you an additional 2,000 per month while in residency if you agree to work for them for 25 years, granted you will have a 40% pay cut as an attending to make up for it. But that’s totally worth it right??? I mean guaranteed job!! Money!!!

I'm so glad to see the inclusion of alternative medicine in the curriculum and faculty. After all; who needs randomized, double-blinded, controlled studies when the feels are what is really important, anyways.

Damn I wish I learned Reiki Fire Therapy in residency.

Is there any truth to the rumor that, because of the coronavirus pandemic, the entire intern year will take place through Zoom rotations? Supposedly the program director thought this would be more than adequate based on her own educational experience.

Last edited:
I actually thought this was legit at first. The location and program description was fairly close to a number of *real* residencies that have been advertised here recently.