• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Exciting new EM Residency Program!! (MURND) Seeking Applicants!!

About the Ads
Nov 24, 2002
SCREW IT!
Pssst.
What's a "MDA"?
I don't know if you are serious, but I'll give you the serious answer. MDA is not "Musculodystrophy Association" (like, Jerry Lewis on Labor Day), but, the CRNA term for MD anesthesiologists. Doctors themselves don't use the term, because we don't have to. We're the status quo. That's the mid-level lobby.

Reactions: 1 users

MechEDoc

maybe minor rocket surgery...
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2015
Theater for ugly people
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I kid you not, I was working in the satellite clinic of MURND and a kiddo needed some stitches on his finger. The nurses (who were good enough to be doctors, if that had wanted to be), weren't capable of doing a sedation. So the CRNA had to be involved, but they weren't comfortable with 2.5 hours since liquid PO intake... So they too the kid to the OR, intubated them, and a general surgeon repaired the minor laceration!

* kid did need a sedation due to age, location of cut.

Fox800

Go to the ER now to see if you have coronavirus.
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Deep in the heart of queso.
  1. Attending Physician
I kid you not, I was working in the satellite clinic of MURND and a kiddo needed some stitches on his finger. The nurses (who were good enough to be doctors, if that had wanted to be), weren't capable of doing a sedation. So the CRNA had to be involved, but they weren't comfortable with 2.5 hours since liquid PO intake... So they too the kid to the OR, intubated them, and a general surgeon repaired the minor laceration!

The ability of our Providers to care for a young patient in an Optimum Team Based Practice(TM) model while breaking down outdated and tone-deaf physician supervisory requirements is what makes America's health care system the greatest in the world. I'm proud to work alongside such heroes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
  1. Attending Physician

Ketamine. Wrap child.
Fix lac.
Eff off.

Doesn't need anything so extensive.

Reactions: 1 user

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
  1. Attending Physician
The ability of our Providers to care for a young patient in an Optimum Team Based Practice(TM) model while breaking down outdated and tone-deaf physician supervisory requirements is what makes America's health care system the greatest in the world. I'm proud to work alongside such heroes.

This really, really, made me laugh-out-loud.

NYEMMED

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
  1. Attending Physician
Oooo I heard that upon graduation you have a guaranteed job within the same corporate organization, and they pay you an additional 2,000 per month while in residency if you agree to work for them for 25 years, granted you will have a 40% pay cut as an attending to make up for it. But that’s totally worth it right??? I mean guaranteed job!! Money!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Franzd'Epinay

Oct 4, 2019
  1. Attending Physician
Is there any truth to the rumor that, because of the coronavirus pandemic, the entire intern year will take place through Zoom rotations? Supposedly the program director thought this would be more than adequate based on her own educational experience.

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.