Excuse me while I vent....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovepixie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So one of my top schools filled their class with Early admissions applicants. Now they may not even look at my application. I'm so upset because that was almost 200$ I could have saved. I wasn't able to apply early due to summer school and all of my materials would not have been in on time. I had the most trouble with this school and it's unorganization but I finally got everything solved right before the deadline. I'm a reapplicant and I don't have a lot of money to apply to school. I'm just so frustrated at this point. I applied to three schools total and now I'm pretty sure I need to apply to more just in case. I can't wait until this process is over.

I'm not being ungrateful at all just venting. I'm sure we all have gotten a little frustrated during this process. I just really want this and it kind of just put a damper on my spirit.

Members don't see this ad.

So one of my top schools filled their class with Early admissions applicants. Now they may not even look at my application. I'm so upset because that was almost 200$ I could have saved. I wasn't able to apply early due to summer school and all of my materials would not have been in on time. I had the most trouble with this school and it's unorganization but I finally got everything solved right before the deadline. I'm a reapplicant and I don't have a lot of money to apply to school. I'm just so frustrated at this point. I applied to three schools total and now I'm pretty sure I need to apply to more just in case. I can't wait until this process is over.

I'm not being ungrateful at all just venting. I'm sure we all have gotten a little frustrated during this process. I just really want this and it kind of just put a damper on my spirit.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it sucks that a program fills up the spots all with Early Admissions applicants, but at the same time, those applicants sure got their **** together with GPA/GRE/volunteer hours, and submitted their applications on a deadline earlier than everyone else. If anything, they're really damn committed to the program they applied to as well.

It's unfortunate that you had to pay for the applications fees (I really do feel you there, it's expensive), but there's no way the program could have known that early decision applicants would have taken up the entire class, as it most likely varies from year to year.

Good luck for the rest of the application cycle though!

I am sorry that is disappointing. This whole process is stressful and at times can be discouraging but if PT is what you want you have to look at the positive aspects and move forward. Do you mind me asking what school you are talking about? Keep your head up!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a GREAT anecdote! Can you please share what program that is?

Not to be any form of consolation, just remember at the end of the day every school is out to make money... it's a business FIRST. So don't take it personally. Keep that in mind in the future

great.You know lots of policies available. Geoverment also help for education.
30.gif

How do you know that all spots are filled? Did you ask the school directly or did they let you know somehow after you applied?

The school sent out an email and on the PTCAS page it says that the class is filled. .

Last edited:
That is really odd actually. Schools usually put a limit on that sort of thing (or so I thought). Stay optimistic though! Are you trying to stay in state at all? I just say that because UM - Flint in Michigan has 60ish seats and is a fairly 'easier' school to get into. I am currently a first year there and I love it so far...Keep your chin up though, and maybe thrown in a few more applications elsewhere. I promise it'll be worth it if you are convinced that PT is what you want. Even if it is a few states away!