Exercise Physiology Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SconniePT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be a returning student who works full time, so I need to take my remaining prerequisites online. The program I'm most interested in requires Exercise Physiology, so I was planning on taking it through UCLA. However, it seems like it filled up very quickly, so I could only sign up for a waiting list. It doesn't seem like they will offer it again until spring, but that class would end after my program is set to begin, so I don't think it is an option.

Did any of you take exercise physiology online, or know of courses accepted by most programs? I need to find a course that will finish by the end of May / early June.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I took exercise physiology online through the university of New Mexico (UNM). UNM is the only school im applying to that requires exercise physiology, and it was offered through their PT department and it's on their admissions website, so I know for UNM an online class is okay. Hope that helps.

I've seen the UNM class mentioned on here before...do a search and you'll probably find something on this same topic...I don't think there are too many places that have an online version though...

Are there not local community colleges or anything you could take it at? Is it upper division?

Members don't see this ad :)
MGH offers exercise physiology online. It is a bit pricey ($1700) for a 3 credit hr course and they don't allow you to pay in installments. But the course is accepted by many schools and its offered in the fall and spring.

Thanks for the replies!

I actually received an email from UCLA today saying that they are going to open another section for their online class. If anyone else is in a similar situation and needs to take exercise physiology this semester, that might be an option.

I've taken "Applied Anatomy and the Biomechanics of Motion" through UCLA Extension, and it was really convenient and reasonably priced, so I'd recommend them if anybody else needs to fill a prerequisite online.

I took an online exercise physiology class at Coastline Community College in orange county. Cost only $138 (cal resident). I emailed the class description to the schools I'm applying to that require it (UNC, Boston U, MGH) and said that they would accept it. Save your money if you can find the course at a local community college.

yes,anyone else is in a similar situation and needs to take exercise physiology this semester, that might be an option.thanks
IPfXjA