Exercise physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rdpt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a community college in the Southern California area that offers this course? The two near me, Antelope Valley College and College of the Canyons, doesn't offer it. I am thinking it's an upper division course, and it won't be offered in community colleges. I was wondering how others met this prerequisite.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I live in Southern Cali too, and exercise physio wasn't available at the 2 community colleges that I attended as well. I believe UCLA extension has an online class in exercise physio, but I'm not sure if PT programs will allow you to take an online class for one of the science pre-reqs.

I applied to 20 schools, and made sure none of them required exercise physiology. I also used PTCAS to see if I could substitute any classes for Bio II since it was not offered at the community colleges as well. Luckily, you can usually substitute many different courses for Bio II (microbio, zoology, etc.) but I don't know if you can substitute any classes for exercise physio :(

I took exercise physiology online at a community college in Orange County. The CC is Coastline Community College. I know there were a few people who were out of state who even took the course. It was able to clear the ex-phys prerequisite that certain programs I applied to as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took exercise physiology online at a community college in Orange County. The CC is Coastline Community College. I know there were a few people who were out of state who even took the course. It was able to clear the ex-phys prerequisite that certain programs I applied to as well.
Thanks! I was wondering which schools accepted this course as a prerequisite. I'm looking into taking this.

I took UCLA Extension. Ask your dpt program before registering. Its 700 bucks i think.

Thanks! I was wondering which schools accepted this course as a prerequisite. I'm looking into taking this.

I only applied to two programs that required it - Loma Linda and Azusa Pacific. Those two programs cleared it for my prerequisite. I would probably check with the programs you plan on applying too first before you register :) The class is about $200 I believe.