Exercise Science at University at Buffalo or Athletic Training at Stony Brook University

Best Job

• Sports Physical Therapist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orthopedic Surgeon

• Sports Medicine Doctor

• Aerospace Engineer

• Athletic Trainer

• Total voters

camiloco89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering what type of major and school combination would increase my chances into getting a DTP. Also If I change my mind, which one is better in order to be accepted into medical school. The difference between the two programs:
- At UB I would dorm and concentrate on studying while maybe getting a job depending on how arduous the work is (having heard that exercise science is an easy major).
- At SB I would commute and concentrate on studying; probably not getting a job (having heard that the Athletic Training Program is very time consuming)
- Along with both options I would take the necessary electives in order to get into DTP or Medical School
At the end of the day I want to make a good living doing what I like which I think is sports and exercising... Either being a Sports Physical Therapist, Sports Medicine Doctor, or going all the way to be an Orthopedic Surgeon. Or maybe all three or 4 (athletic trainer/aerospace engineer; cause exercise science doesn't really have a set job title)
Also I may want a undergraduate degree in which I can use as a back up plan such as aerospace engineering or athletic training which is why I am inclining to the SB option since you cant do much with an exercise science degree.

Also off topic and probably for another thread but what do you guys think about doing aerospace engineering for undergraduate school and then going into either Medical School Or PT School.
Also what do you guys think about Binghamton Early Assurance Program.

I am Currently a senior in High School Trying to decide what to make a career.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

SBU actually doesn't have aerospace engineering program, they do have other general engineering majors like Chem, biomed, mech, electric, comp, civil, and engineering science. And if you do one of the engineering programs at SBU, you won't have time to pick up another major like athletic training unless you extend your stay because athletic training is a 2 year program. With that in mind, I'd suggest being weary of being any engineering major and pre-med/health/etc. with the exception of biomed, because it is time consuming with a lot of credits to be taken.