Exercise Science Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lex1981

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out my BCP and Science GPA and I had a quick question that someone might be able to answer. I know that Exercise Science classes count towards your science GPA but what about your BCP? Specifically, exercise physiology and biomechanics. Both of these classes were in the PE department. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

When I took ex phys it was number ZOOL 4500, so it counted as a biology course. If it is on your transcript as PE#### then I doubt it. I would call the schools you are applying to and ask them, or call AADSAS.

So the class doesn't have to specifically be catalogued as "BIOL" to count in your BCP GPA?

Do you know if environmental science courses ("ENVR" or something like that) count as biology courses?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was an Exercise Science (Kinesiology Major) in college..... Unless they start BIO, CHEM, PHYS they don't count as a science on aadsas. (It does not make much sense, as human anatomy and exercise physiology are not "sciences").

Some dental schools have re-computed my GPA to include my kinesiology classes.

(In my opinion, the EXSC classes are extremely hard and you do not get enough "credit" for taking them- with the exception of classes like nutrition and tennis. I have taken 4 sciences a semester for over half of my college experience)

So AADSAS doesn't even count any of the exercise science classes as science? I figured they might not count for Bio, but I thought that they would at least count for science. Some of my classes were labeled PE and then they changed them to ExSc halfway through.

they dont count.... I had 64 units of EXSC classes.

does that mean my HSC anatomy and physio 8 credits won't do me much good ?

:-\

How can they count classes like Bioethics as science and not exercise physio or biomechanics? Freaking amazing.

yes. Nothing counts without a BISC, CHEM, PHYS title.

It doesnt matter though... just alters your GPA

What about Integrative Health dept? I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology.

This is based on my AADSAS application.

I took anatomy and physiology in the biology department... THat counted.
I took Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Adv. Exercise Physiology, BioMechanics etc. in the Kinesiology Department... That did not count.

When the school looks to see if the requirements have been fulfilled those would probably count if they are required. But check with each school to see if it would count. It wont be included in your AADSAS gpa.

This is based on my AADSAS application.

I took anatomy and physiology in the biology department... THat counted.
I took Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Adv. Exercise Physiology, BioMechanics etc. in the Kinesiology Department... That did not count.

When the school looks to see if the requirements have been fulfilled those would probably count if they are required. But check with each school to see if it would count. It wont be included in your AADSAS gpa.

One more time because I am still in unbelief about this...so U unverstand the exercise science classes did not count as biology...but they didn't count as science classes either?

One more time because I am still in unbelief about this...so U unverstand the exercise science classes did not count as biology...but they didn't count as science classes either?

This is so ****ed up. I took A&P to try and raise my science GPA. It's the only A&P course my school offers. I don't believe this.