Exhibit Hall at Conventions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to go to a pharmacist convention this fall, I haven't been to one for several years. Are the exhibit halls worth the time anymore? From what I understand drug reps can't give out free stuff anymore, which to me was the main point of the exhibit halls (I don't need to listen to a drug rep giving me a biased view of why his overprice drug Treximet or whatever is the next best thing since sliced bread.)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking to go to a pharmacist convention this fall, I haven't been to one for several years. Are the exhibit halls worth the time anymore? From what I understand drug reps can't give out free stuff anymore, which to me was the main point of the exhibit halls (I don't need to listen to a drug rep giving me a biased view of why his overprice drug Treximet or whatever is the next best thing since sliced bread.)

They cannot give you anything with a drug name on it. They still do give out plenty of free stuff, or at least they did as of this last March at the apha meeting.

BTW, one company had a massage therapist there. That was awesome.

there was lots of free stuff at the AACP annual mtg this past july, and really good food too.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about this novel concept for a professional convention......go and learn something.

How about this novel concept for a professional convention......go and learn something.

:sleep: oh you're no fun, it's all about schwag and free food/booze, i would only go to conventions if I really really had to if it weren't for the above.

Well I plan to do that too! Exhibits and learning aren't mutually exclusive.