Expected Inflation

Started by makushin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

makushin

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who here thinks there will be a period of large inflation in the next 25 years? I'm talking 1970's style or worse. I think with the bulging trade defecit, it is a real possibility. I'm assessing the likelyhood of my student loans withering away.😉
 
THere is a huge likelihood of that occuring thanks to the fiscal discipline of our members of congress/oil running out/trade deficits. Thats why after you graduate, you should consolidate your loans and pay them off as slow as possible. You should also diversify your retirement account with international funds in case of a significant depression (although us stocks have historically always risen in the long term even when taking account depression eras)