Expenses for interviewing,ERAS,Hotel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodo2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am already tapped out and I have many more interviews to do.
I have spent almost $2000 already. I am wondering how much everybody has spent so far. How much do you anticipate spending for this whole process. These holidays are going be very lean and mean.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, tell me about it. I think I'll be able to finish up at about $2000 for 10 anesthesia and 9 prelims, but only because of lucky scheduling and selling my soul to Priceline. I'll have to take out a residency loan to pay for apps and relocation fees (the programs I'm interested in don't help out with relocation :mad: ).

Try about $6000.....hey, we have spent how much thus far for our education...what's another few grand? Good luck everybody

Members don't see this ad :)
driverabu said:
Try about $6000.....hey, we have spent how much thus far for our education...what's another few grand? Good luck everybody

You da man Driver! Good luck with the rest of your interviews!!

estimating $3000- good :eek: lawd!!!

No flights for me

9 interviews so far

estimate $400 for extra hotels/expenses
estimate $800 for gas, and about 8000 miles driving.
estimate $1000 for food/extras (worst part-cant plan meals very well)

Could be worse.

how do you find the time during your rotations and fourth year to do so much driving?

From someone who doesn't belong in the anesthesia forum (just carousing, avoiding Step 2 studying) be glad you guys don't have to pay for hotels as well. Try adding $100+/night x 15 interviews to the total price tag. This whole process is insane...

joshua_msu said:
how do you find the time during your rotations and fourth year to do so much driving?

you make time.

umm.. you schedule some "light" rotations and then "schedule" days off from those.

everyone has been there, and most people understand that it's your fourth year and interview season. i haven't had any problems just saying "i gotta go interview".