Experience from 02 and 04

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Groominator

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was in high school, I did a good bit of volunteering at a local clinic. It was under two different doctors, and spanned nine months and five months. Rounding it off, I have about 440 hours of veterinary experience combined from the two experiences.

The issue is that the volunteer time ran from 9/01-6/02 and 11/03-4/04, i think. From what it looks like, I won't be applying to vet school until summer 09. Would I be able to list this as vet experience, provided i can dig up the references? I learned a lot during that time and was going to include something relating to it in my personal statement. I won't be asking these doctors for LORs of course, since its been so long since.

I do intend to find a volunteer gig right now, to gain some recent/current experience and hopefully an LOR. But I don't want to ignore all that work from back then.
 
Since VCMAS asks for experiences, etc. dating back to high school, you should be fine listing them.