Experience help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor713

Reaction score
I work as a research vet tech on a farm. Basically we buy and sell pigs goats sheep and cattle but also have operating rooms and a typical lab set up that other companies pay to use along with our vet staff and our animals. By the time I submit my application I’ll have about 2,500 hours working here. About half of my time is spent doing pre op, anesthesia, post op, and record keeping for clients and the other half is general large animal veterinary work. I’m pretty sure I’m going to split this up on the VMCAS even thought it is under the same vet and same company.
My main question is how to include what I do for the research side of things. I have had the opportunity to work with a lot of different clients such as the department of defense, John’s Hopkins, and other major hospitals in maryland and PA. Should I include each project separately and go into detail about each one or just group all of these hours together because for the most part I was doing the same tasks (intubation, IV, anesthesia, recovery, etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't split them based on the organization that was doing the research. I honestly would only do one entry total since you're under the same doctor and facility overall. You're doing large animal veterinary work no different than a technician out in the middle of nowhere; your clients are just researchers instead of Farmer John.

Reactions: 1 users