Experience through Connections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Experience

  • Yes I gained experience with help of family

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I gained experience with help of friends/ family of friends

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No I gained experience the independent way

    Votes: 5 71.4%

  • Total voters
    7

cystapharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many of you here have close family that are in the pharmacy field that has helped you get some volunteer/ work experience through their practice site?
 
I voted the last option, but I did get a slight leg up getting a pharmacy tech position. I applied at the pharmacy my family goes to, which is located in a store my mom worked at for 15 years. At least my name was recognizable and the pharmacist and store manager remembered me/knew I wasn't a complete *******.