Experience types-would you count...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopefulDVM

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apologies if this is not the place to post-my first post here-AND am I ever glad to find a forum like this!


I have lots and lots of experience volunteering in shelter-however most were grass roots shelters and are no more-three to be exact.

Would you count those? How? What would they think of that?

Also previously volunteered places I don't anymore and I'm shy about contacting them for hours..tips?
 
Apologies if this is not the place to post-my first post here-AND am I ever glad to find a forum like this!


I have lots and lots of experience volunteering in shelter-however most were grass roots shelters and are no more-three to be exact.

Would you count those? How? What would they think of that?

Also previously volunteered places I don't anymore and I'm shy about contacting them for hours..tips?

Depending on what you did, it sounds like this would probably be animal experience (working with animals, but not directly under a vet). Shelter work is a great thing to have experience in. Don't be shy about contacting people for hours if they have a record of them, but you could try to reconstruct a reliable estimate on your own if that doesn't work.