Expired AZ pharmacist license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MSerforfun

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My license expired in 2011. Will the renewal entail that I'd take any exams or pay any extra fees? I tried to find information on the website and call but I couldn't find anything
 
Oh, you will have to do something extra. Exactly what will depend on a case by case basis, which is why its not listed on the website. At least in IL, but I'd assume other states are similar. I knew a pharmacist in IL whose license had been expired for many years (they were working in a non-pharmacy field.) When they decided to go back to being a pharmacist, they were required to do a certain number of CE's, plus they had to do so many hours of working as a technician (IL doesn't have interns, pharmacy students & graduate students work under a technician license.) I'm sure he probably had to pay extra fees for the "review" of all of this, but I don't know what for certain.
This was in the mid-2000's during the pharmacy shortage, so the state had reason to want to speed up his reapplication.

So basically, if you can't get the number to call the board, send them an e-mail. But I would expect that there will be requirements for renewing.