Expired classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent8314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been told by a dental school that their prereqs were too old to be accepted? I haven't seen this on any DS's website, but I wanted to check from any personal experience any of you may have.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently told by BU that they recommend the applicants to have recently been admitted in a Master's program, or be fresh out of college, to ensure that their courses were "up to date". That was the only time I've heard of this, so I'm not sure how prevalent this is.

I took the brunt of my pre-reqs in 2007-2008ish, so if that's "out of date" I'd be a little ticked.

FWIW, some of mine date as far back as '02 & '03 and I got an acceptance this yr :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone here ever been told by a dental school that their prereqs were too old to be accepted? I haven't seen this on any DS's website, but I wanted to check from any personal experience any of you may have.

Thanks.

same here took some prereqs in '02 and '03 and was accepted. The expired coursework is something that happens in med school admissions but rarely happens in d-school admission.

I have heard of 10 years thrown around on here, but I feel like everyone is probably applying with pre-reqs newer than that.