expiring MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manta

queen of yogurt
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hmmm...i'm still hoping this won't be a problem, but this is what i've been losing sleep over recently...
i took the MCAT in Aug 2000. do my scores expire at the same time as the Apr 2000 test? in other words, can i apply this year w/Aug 2000 score, as long as i apply before Aug 2004? or maybe i would be able to send in the AMCAS and maybe some secondaries as long as it's before August, but will have to take the Aug 2004 MCAT to continue to be eligible after that.
it would suck if i had to take the Aug MCAT even before sending in my secondary. sending in my apps a little later was the biggest mistake, and i don't want to do it again next year (and i don't want to wait out a year!)
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

manta, i don't want to freak you out, but I also took the August 2000 MCAT, and I had the same worries as you. I applied this past year because a few of the schools that I wanted to apply to would not accept the MCAT score. For instance, say they all said scores were good for 3 years, but some told me that meant age of score at the time of application, others at time of intended matriculation. So if you haven't done so already, I'd contact the schools, confirm the issue, and write down the name that tells you "yes, we will accept those scores". good luck.