Expiring Pre-req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HPNDPT19

Reaction score
Hi all. I have heard back from all the schools for this cycle. Bunch of rejections and 2 waitlisted. This is my first cycle applying and my stats are not great so I am realistic about my chance of getting in this year. My anatomy and physio will expire by next year and I am currently retaking them this semester. However, I had to drop anatomy due to workload and other personal reasons. I am planning to retake it in the upcoming fall. My question is would school use my expired anatomy as a place holder when they review my application, knowing that I am retaking the course? Or they would treat it as if I never took it? I know this could be school specific but any input would help. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are talking about your application for next year’s cycle, I believe they would treat it as if it hadn’t been taken. I am currently retaking a class and schools have told me that I still have to complete it as my remaining prerequisite (as if I had never taken it the first time). When I entered my prereqs in PTCAS I submitted the retake instead of the first time taking the course.
Of course in your case every school would be different since programs have different expiration deadlines for coursework.

If you are talking about your application for next year’s cycle, I believe they would treat it as if it hadn’t been taken. I am currently retaking a class and schools have told me that I still have to complete it as my remaining prerequisite (as if I had never taken it the first time). When I entered my prereqs in PTCAS I submitted the retake instead of the first time taking the course.
Of course in your case every school would be different since programs have different expiration deadlines for coursework.
Yeah that sounds right. Thank you for your help. I guess what Im worried about is some schools consider pending courses as a minus. Not sure if having taken the course before would help out in any way. Again I know this is very school specific. Would probably call each school to verify comes July.