Explain bad grades in supplemental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgal11

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wonder if it’s better to explain every course I have gotten W’s on (total: 5 throughout 6 years of college) or just address the major ones like where I withdrew all the courses took a whole gap year in my junior year (which I have explained in the primary application already). Is the overall idea of the supplemental application is to repeat what I have put down on my primary application or explain other things I have not have my chance to mention? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

If you have already explained your W’s, I’d use your supplementals as a chance for the school to learn more about you besides what you put in your primary app

Hi guys, I wonder if it’s better to explain every course I have gotten W’s on (total: 5 throughout 6 years of college) or just address the major ones like where I withdrew all the courses took a whole gap year in my junior year (which I have explained in the primary application already). Is the overall idea of the supplemental application is to repeat what I have put down on my primary application or explain other things I have not have my chance to mention? TIA
They already have your primary so dont repeat anything. they want to hear more about you. You can mention the ones that you didn't find enough chance to talk about them properly on your primary for sure, but dont repeat anything and good luck!