Quantcast

Explain LOR situation in Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Got Em

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Basically my employment situation does not allow me to easily take more undergraduate courses, so I'm getting 1 letter from my manager and 2 letters from my pharmacy professors instead of undergraduate professors.

I have emailed some schools and most schools were okay with it. Two out of the schools insisted that I may need to explain this situation in my secondary, which lead to the following question. Should I explain this in ALL of my secondaries, even when the person replying back did not say to include this information again?

I wouldn't want my application delayed, but I also didn't want to state something multiple times and be read multiple times by one person.

Prncssbuttercup

Established Member -- Family Medicine Attending
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would not waste space on it if the schools said they are fine with the LORs. The two that require it, fine, but the rest, I would save it for something more important...

mauberley

radiating prestige
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically my employment situation does not allow me to easily take more undergraduate courses, so I'm getting 1 letter from my manager and 2 letters from my pharmacy professors instead of undergraduate professors.

I have emailed some schools and most schools were okay with it. Two out of the schools insisted that I may need to explain this situation in my secondary, which lead to the following question. Should I explain this in ALL of my secondaries, even when the person replying back did not say to include this information again?

I wouldn't want my application delayed, but I also didn't want to state something multiple times and be read multiple times by one person.

I don't think you need to explain it if you haven't been explicitly asked to do so.

Got Em

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have decided to not put it in my secondary. I think I'm just going to contact the admissions office after submitting my files and remind them that I have been approved for different LORs.