Explaining grades in Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I come from a top 10 university with a 3.2 gpa/28R. In USF's secondary they gave me the opportunity to explain other things that were happening in my life (that weren't covered in AMCAS). What i took from that was that this is a chance for me to explain some of my grades. Now, don't get me wrong, I HAVE NOT had any really bad experiences and I am truly grateful for that. HOWEVER, is it worth it trying to tell them that the reason i got a 2.65 with only 10 credits is because I was pledging a fraternity? Or can i explain 2 C's in physics with the fact that I was pledging a secret society and that the night's before 2 physics exams I had to stay up all night doing random crap?
I hope this isn't too much to ask, thanks in advance for all your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
So I come from a top 10 university with a 3.2 gpa/28R. In USF's secondary they gave me the opportunity to explain other things that were happening in my life (that weren't covered in AMCAS). What i took from that was that this is a chance for me to explain some of my grades. Now, don't get me wrong, I HAVE NOT had any really bad experiences and I am truly grateful for that. HOWEVER, is it worth it trying to tell them that the reason i got a 2.65 with only 10 credits is because I was pledging a fraternity? Or can i explain 2 C's in physics with the fact that I was pledging a secret society and that the night's before 2 physics exams I had to stay up all night doing random crap?

i would not use those specific explanations for grades. i dont know what else you might say, but i would say definitely not what you have mentioned above. You could say you were overextended extracurricularly if you want to be more vague, and thatt you have learned from that experience and improved your grades signficantly etc...

Hey everyone,

Just talk about your campus involvement (as opposed to mentioning your process). It also sounds like you would add "diversity", which doesn't hurt.