Expressing Elation After Completing My Last Surgical Third Year Rotation (OB/GYN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CorpuSpongiosum

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate the O.R. so much and miss those endless medicine rounds w/ hours of differentials.

I hated the drudgery of standing in the O.R. They expected me to get so excited every time they let me cut, suture, retract. I literally was counting every second so I could get the f*ck out of that O.R.

The only interesting thing for me was asking the attending about how the patient presented and reviewing the anatomy.

I am speaking w/ such passion because I know how many residents OB and Surgery kept denigrating medicine so often. Well they can suck on it!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the denigrating of medicine helps surg/OB residents cope with the abuse and disrespect found within the surgical subculture.

So...congrats! No more retractors, standing still for hours on end, abuse from scrub nurses, etc...

I think it's really funny that your ID is CorpuSpongiosum and you told them to "Suck on it." :D

So...congrats! No more retractors, standing still for hours on end, abuse from scrub nurses, etc...

I almost punched this one scrub nurse in the face. She was the epitome of passive aggressive. She kept saying is this your first time in the O.R? (in that really annoying passive aggressive tone). I kept ignoring her, but she kept persisting. Finally, I turned to her and said "no, but I sure as hell hope it's the last time with you." The attending started laughing. ****ing biatch!