Extension Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurocali

Reaction score
I’ve debated taking the rest of my prereqs at either of the California Extensions. I’m a non-trad in my gap year. I’ve heard that the Extensions don’t say that they are online on the transcript? I feel like a lot of schools on MSAR don’t accept online courses, at least the ones I am looking at. But do Med Schools understand that since Covid a lot of even four year universities offer an online option for classes to their students? I took Physics 1 and 2 Online at my University and no where on the transcript does it state it’s online. But I don’t wanna potentially shoot myself in the foot so any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I did all of my UCB extension classes "live online" during Summer 2020 - Fall 2021, so none of them were indicated as being online on my transcript.

I was not asked to denote which classes were online in my application/ secondaries, unlike the poster above me, but I applied last year so I'm not sure if AMCAS and/or schools have changed things moving forward.

I also do think they are correct that we got leniency because it was during Covid, and everything was online at the time.