Externships/Preceptors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HamsterDoc2b

TUSVM c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are you going for your fourth year externships? :confused:

I have 2 (possibly 3) scheduled, and I am just curious about everyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 2 externships during my 4th year. One is at a zoo for 4 weeks and the other is at a VCA hospital for 2 weeks. The VCA hospital is a small animal and exotics one.

Penn and NCSU. Super-duper excited. :) :) :)

Also need to add a one-week humane society externship (looking at the Austin area) and a two-week primary care externship at a hospital in my hometown.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing one at a referral hospital in North Carolina and will spend most of my time on the oncology and internal medicine services. I am doing another with an alternative med veterinarian who does a lot of acupuncture, chiropractic, and Chinese herbal medicine.

I did a pathology rotation at Purdue and LOVED it. All the people there are fantastic. I highly recommend their programs. Come to my alma mater, VMRCVM too - we are lots of fun. We work hard and play hard and love new people!!! Especially our specialty medicine blocks (cardio/derm/neuro/optho) and our food animal clinicians are the nicest ever!