Extra 2-3 Question destroyer boost?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asfasdfasdferwerw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I've read in a lot of reviews that by going through destroyer, you would be able to get that extra 2 or 3 questions that you normally wouldn't be able to get with Chad's alone.

Can anybody explain why that is the case (like is it really specifically or did chad not cover all the bases) and an example of a question that you would've only gotten by doing destroyer?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know as well, but my guess would be that Destroyer has questions that may be extremely similar to that of the exam

I used to think that you can use Chad's videos alone to study for chemistry as well, but I would not do that, especially if you do not have a strong background in chem and if you have not taken it recently. Chad's videos are AMAZING but they do not cover everything (I wish they did b/c they are amazing and save you so much time!! and you can check breakdowns which mention this, including Feralis' breakdown). I'm going to use either Princeton's DAT book (called Crack the DAT) or just Princeton's MCAT book to supplement for the chem section, as they were recommended to me. Some people only use Destroyer and Chad's but that's probably b/c when they see problems in Destroyer that are not covered in Chad's, they look up the info needed to solve those questions, and add them to their notes.

All that said though, apparently Chad's covers at least 80% of what you need to know, so that's the good news :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's more practice, it's that simple.

Chads isn't enough.

You're honestly the cockiest poster on SDN, I've never once seen a humble post coming from you. Chill out and give advice like a normal human. I'd be a pissed patient in your dental clinic if that's how you talk when you're not behind a computer screen.

Reactions: 3 users
If you take really good notes on chad's videos, and print out the notes that's a good start. If you know those notes like the back of your hand, you will probably get 90% of the questions on the DAT. DAT destroyer will give you good practice on questions that can be covered with Chad's notes, all help you maybe the 7% of the remaining 10%. (It seems you will probably get at least one DAT question completely from left field per each science section).

OP, let me give you some heartfelt advice. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you might be trying to justify not having to go through Destroyer for some reason (i.e., it will be too difficult/time-consuming, lower your confidence, etc.). Let me be clear: the reason I say this is not to be condescending or judgmental. In fact, I spent a good few days trying to convince myself that Destroyer was overhyped and that I would get along fine without it...WRONG!

Having taken my DAT recently, I can honestly say that my AA and TS scores would have undoubtedly been a few points lower had I not poured over Destroyer the entire month before my exam. A few questions showed up virtually word-for-word, particularly in the bio section. Without going into explicit detail, one was concerning a very insignificant event during fertilization, and another asked about quite possibly the most obscure biome possible—both were covered in Destroyer. Gen chem was certainly less calculation heavy on the actual DAT, but the conceptual questions I ran across in Destroyer prepared me well. In retrospect, I think I could have done even better had I carved out some time for a third run through Destroyer!

So, with all that said, my advice is to buckle down and get to work! Remember, the difference between a 24, 26, and 28 is often only a question or two. Now, of course, scores that high are exceptionally rare and not at all necessary for acceptance to dental school. However, if you're going to aim high, there's no better preparation than DAT Destroyer. For the sake of comparison (and this is obviously based on my experience alone), Chad's videos would ensure a score in the low 20's, assuming you know them like the back of your hand.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You're honestly the cockiest poster on SDN, I've never once seen a humble post coming from you. Chill out and give advice like a normal human. I'd be a pissed patient in your dental clinic if that's how you talk when you're not behind a computer screen.

:rolleyes:

Next time I'll sugar coat my answer to make it more delicate for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Chad's videos give you the information you need to get a solid score. If you want to walk in confidently to the exam and feel like you've seen everything before, you should do Destroyer. I think it comes down to 'How comfortable do I want to feel while taking the exam'. If you're good at thinking critically, you can get by without Destroyer.