Extra Cirriculars for MWU-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenUstudent

BenUAlumni
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,
I am a Soph. at Benedictine University and I finnaly decided to get my Bachelors in Health Science. I have my heart set on Midwestern CCP. I just want some feedback from anyone who has been accepted to MWU-CCP, on what extra Cirricular activities you had. I am currently a member of our pharmacy club yet i feel i need to do more to get accepted. So what should i do? Volunteer once a month/ once a week? I am open to any suggestions

Thank you for reading my post

Members don't see this ad.

I think the most important thing you can do extra cirricular wise is either volunteer or work at a pharmacy. It also looks good if you become a nationally certified pharmacy technician. If you can, try and get some experience at both hospital and retail pharmacy. I had a full-time job at a retail pharmacy for over a year and a full-time job at a hospital pharmacy for 6+ months. Not only does this look good to the admissions board, but for me, it gave me plenty to talk about during my interview about the many differences between the two, what i liked/disliked about each, ect. I didn't realize until after all my interviews that it is pretty rare for an applicant to have experience in both settings. Even if you can just get experience in one of them, make sure you take the opportunity. Other than that, I had some volunteering in my labs in undergrad and was a member of the pharmacy club.

Maggols is right....I have no work experience so I went to a long-term care pharmacy and volunteered, as well as a hospital. But I had no real school EC's except for bio club and math club member. You can do community work. I volunteered at a recycling center and coached my nephews little league team. Things like that show that you are not a social reject, which is really what they are looking for.