Extra Curricular activities while in D-school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speter33

S.D.N.'s Captain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering which extra curricular activities have the students here gotten involved or plan to in their schools and if they were worth it? Also during what year were you involved in the activity and how did you go about getting involved?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if you are looking for academically-related activities or not.

I've played on several school softball teams, and right now we are beginning a basketball tournament (we finished our regular season in 1st place!). Those activities are always fun and provide lots of fodder for classroom discussion. At my school, we participate in the city sports leagues, so there is typically some good competition from the other teams.

I'm an ATSU Ambassador, so I give tours of the school, do some public relations things, give presentations at local colleges (just did the ASU pre-dental/ASDA club last week), and stuff like that.

We don't have any research yet, so I haven't done that.

Once we are done with our Boards (July 12), I plan to volunteer at local offices and clinics.

I'm also hecka busy with my church.

Since CASE has included as part of the huge tuition fee free access to their recreation facilities (indoor tracks, pool, tennis courts, weight rooms, etc), I will plan to utilize those when I get there! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in my 3rd year at Tufts and I have played my violin in a symphony orchestra at the same time and I've also put on recitals for the dental school each year, so my music keeps me busy.

Thanks guys. Actually I was referring to extra curricular activities such as participating in school gov't, ASDA, externships, etc...........

speter33 said:
I'm just wondering which extra curricular activities have the students here gotten involved or plan to in their schools and if they were worth it? Also during what year were you involved in the activity and how did you go about getting involved?

Do they look at extra curricular activities when you're applying for specialty programs??

If so, this is going to be like applying for college all over again! :confused:

WildAngel said:
Do they look at extra curricular activities when you're applying for specialty programs??

If so, this is going to be like applying for college all over again! :confused:
...are you even in dental school yet? If not, worry about *that*; you've got a *long* way to go before specializing enters the picture. :rolleyes:

aphistis said:
...are you even in dental school yet? If not, worry about *that*; you've got a *long* way to go before specializing enters the picture. :rolleyes:

not that long.. finishing up first year.. :p