Extra Curricular/Community Service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

placebo effect

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled upon one of the coolest extra curricular activities. My girlfriends little brother plays little league baseball. The "Wee-Ballers" (children under 5 years old) need some coaches because the season is getting ready to start. These kids dont have practices, just little 3-inning games in which score is not kept. They just play the 3-innings a couple a times a week to get them ready for the more advanced divisions they'll be getting into as they get older. I'm a coach :smuggrin: ...........my kids will WIN! :D

Members don't see this ad.

that's fantastic! it's gratifying when you find volunteer work that suits your interests and abilities. my favorite volunteer work so far has been tutoring Chicago Public School elementary students. It's great showing them how fun and exciting school can be even though it's hard work. I want to get involved w/the Special Olympics this year.

Good luck w/your season! I know you as well as the children will have a lot of fun!

placebo effect said:
I just stumbled upon one of the coolest extra curricular activities. My girlfriends little brother plays little league baseball. The "Wee-Ballers" (children under 5 years old) need some coaches because the season is getting ready to start. These kids dont have practices, just little 3-inning games in which score is not kept. They just play the 3-innings a couple a times a week to get them ready for the more advanced divisions they'll be getting into as they get older. I'm a coach :smuggrin: ...........my kids will WIN! :D

Although being repeatedly referred to as a "Wee-Baller" may cause untold damage to the psyche of a young little league player, I think being a coach for those little ones is a great extracurricular activity.

placebo effect said:

That is truly great to hear. I think working with kids is one of the most valuable activities any person can undertake. It makes such a positive and lasting impact, it is amazing. I am not a dad yet but I can't wait. I have been involved with Big Brothers for years and it is so rewardiung to watch someone grow and be so appreciative of such a relatively small amount of time and input. Keep up the good work.
Mark