extra curriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredentist(hopefully)

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my list of EC's, skills, and accomplisments:
1. Orgo Ta
2. worked at orthopedic office over one summer
3. volunteered at a hospital freshman year 100 years during college, a lot more during HS and MS
4. President of a sports club late junior year-senior year (next year)
5. Secretary of that sports club sophomore year.
6. Played for the school team junior year against other schools. (a sport that requires hand coordination and dexterity)
7. secretary of pre dental society starting this April to next senior year.
8. 200 hours of shadowing dentist
9. helped teach elementary kids about importance of dental hygiene for a one time event last year.
10. i rock climb (dexterity)
11. I might put sewing skills (dexterity) but idk since im not the best at it and have nothing to show for it
12. Deans list every semester.

Im applying this cycle and was wondering if this is a good list for EC's. Anything i should add or drop like sewing lol. Anything i should try to add between now and application time opens? I'm trying to get a DA job as well as try to volunteer at the hospital once or twice again.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks fine to me. Not everything has to be related to manual dexterity, you can include other hobbies as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your list is pretty good! I wouldn't put sewing if you haven't done it a lot and don't have work to show. some schools like to see pictures of your hand work skills at interviews...so just a heads up! Also a job isn't considered an EC if your getting paid and shadowing doesn't count as EC. Idk if your putting it all together but for the application you have to differentiate them!

Reactions: 1 user
I think your list is pretty good! I wouldn't put sewing if you haven't done it a lot and don't have work to show. some schools like to see pictures of your hand work skills at interviews...so just a heads up! Also a job isn't considered an EC if your getting paid and shadowing doesn't count as EC. Idk if your putting it all together but for the application you have to differentiate them!
oh yeah the list i gave was more like things ive done other than my dat and gpa lol. and when you say they will want to see pictures, do you mean like showing them on my phone? or pics ive posted to social media?

oh yeah the list i gave was more like things ive done other than my dat and gpa lol. and when you say they will want to see pictures, do you mean like showing them on my phone? or pics ive posted to social media?
I brought printed out pictures of the canvases I've made, but I know some people if small enough would bring in the actual object.