Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How vital are extracurriculars when applying for a DPT program? Should they all be related to PT, or do they generally like to see that you're well-rounded?
If I've got a 3.8 GPA, solid LOR's, a good amount of observation/volunteer hours in a variety of settings, and an above-average GRE score, but not many extracurricular activities...will that sink my chances?
Also, I've been involved with my local chapter of Food Not Bombs for the past year and a half...but is that "too political" to put on my app as an extracurricular or community service experience? I mean, our main activity/mission is to prepare and serve food to the homeless; I'd say that definitely qualifies as community service. But I'm afraid the Adcoms will see nothing but the group's political beliefs and could be turned off by that. Should I pick up a "safer" group for community service?
If I've got a 3.8 GPA, solid LOR's, a good amount of observation/volunteer hours in a variety of settings, and an above-average GRE score, but not many extracurricular activities...will that sink my chances?
Also, I've been involved with my local chapter of Food Not Bombs for the past year and a half...but is that "too political" to put on my app as an extracurricular or community service experience? I mean, our main activity/mission is to prepare and serve food to the homeless; I'd say that definitely qualifies as community service. But I'm afraid the Adcoms will see nothing but the group's political beliefs and could be turned off by that. Should I pick up a "safer" group for community service?