Extracted Teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Relign

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just informed that I need 300 extracted teeth! How do I go about getting that many teeth?

Members don't see this ad.

I would first ask the dentist(s) you shadowed if they have any leads, such as good working relationships with established oral surgeons.

From there, I would get out the yellow pages and send a letter or call all of the oral surgeons to see if you may stop by in order to ask for some teeth. They've been in this position before so they're probably going to be pretty receptive if you go about it in a polite manner.

Good luck! :thumbup::thumbup:

because these teeth you are saving are in poor health and need extraction, they are probs covered in bacteria. So make sure you clean them! -> soak them in bleach for about 10 mins, or if you are on good turn with a dentist you shadowed, ask them to soak them in bleach for 10 minutes then autclave them.

Also, extracted teeth will get brittle over time so you will want to store them properly:

30% glycerol
30% bleach
30% water

you can buy the glycerol at walmart for 3-5 dollars. It is in like a little, clear, plastic tube and is labeled as hand cream or flora preservative.

I have been working at a dentist office for a year now and have saved about 300 + teeth and this is what the dentists told me to do.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
You have about 30 in your mouth right now. Heck, you're already 10% there!

because these teeth you are saving are in poor health and need extraction, they are probs covered in bacteria. So make sure you clean them! -> soak them in bleach for about 10 mins, or if you are on good turn with a dentist you shadowed, ask them to soak them in bleach for 10 minutes then autclave them.

Also, extracted teeth will get brittle over time so you will want to store them properly:

30% glycerol
30% bleach
30% water

you can buy the glycerol at walmart for 3-5 dollars. It is in like a little, clear, plastic tube and is labeled as hand cream or flora preservative.

I have been working at a dentist office for a year now and have saved about 300 + teeth and this is what the dentists told me to do.

Hope this helps!

Cavicide works just as well. Just out of curiosity, what makes up the other 10%?

30% glycerol
30% bleach
30% water

Hope this helps!

I only get 90% out of that mixture?

Also OP, what school is this for?

everyone knows the last 10% is love.:love:

duh!
30+30+30 = 100. . .
do any of your dental schools require math for acceptances???

cavicide works well enough to disinfect them if you leave them soaking long enough to clear out the bacteria in the pulp chamber. bleach and/or autoclave is a sure thing to keep your extra teeth nice and good though:D

find an "Affordable Dentures" office or another office like that. i got about 600 teeth in 2 months from them.