Extracurricular Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullsfan122

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a junior in the fall semester. Currently I am shadowing a local dentist and I have already done many hours of volunteering at hospitals. Are there any other extracurricular activities that dental schools look for?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Wrong link? Because that is just application stuff.

I think the OP is asking for suggested EC activities to get more involved and build a better application (Am I right OP?)

Just get involved in school activities - or better yet, have a leadership position in a school organization.

One program many friends of mine speak highly of - moreso for personal growth than necessary application building - is college mentors for kids. check it out if your undergrad has one.

Wrong link? Because that is just application stuff.

I think the OP is asking for suggested EC activities to get more involved and build a better application (Am I right OP?)

Just get involved in school activities - or better yet, have a leadership position in a school organization.

One program many friends of mine speak highly of - moreso for personal growth than necessary application building - is college mentors for kids. check it out if your undergrad has one.

omgg.... i responded to wrong thread :bang:

It sounds like you're on a good path. The whole point of ECs and community service is to show admins that you're a caring and interesting person. So, what do your ECs say about you? Go with something that interests you, whether it's a cultural club, or a music/artsy thing, or writing for something. Get the idea?