Extracurricular Club vs Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toothdirty

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am new so apologize if this is a redundant post. I am wondering how to differentiate a extracurricular club activity vs volunteering activity. I am part of an org on campus and we meet to advocate and develop resources for low income students on campus, such as collecting and distributing coats and organize hunger awareness week and pack meal kits. Of course, clubs are not for profit, usually count as extracurricular activity, but where do you draw the line between the two? Must the community served be broader than the campus community? Any other examples? Thank you