Extracurriculars for Pharmacy school?

Started by dahwsi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dahwsi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone so I'm new to these forums and I've researched a bit and couldn't find anything that was specific help to my question so I'm hoping that you guys could help me out a bit. I'm just starting out as an undergraduate student looking to going into Pharmacy and just wanted some advice on what i should do in particular to help my acceptance into Pharmacy school.

-I know that GPA is by far one of the most important factors so that is my top priority.

-I am also working on getting a Pharm. tech job as well hopefully within the next year or so as I will get certified.

-I also plan to volunteer at hospitals

But what I am confused on is what should I do extraciricular wise? Is the volunteering enough? Or should I also become involved in extraciricular activities such as a student organization? Or is what I plan to do as said above enough? Because a common problem that I see is that so many students get involved to much and therefore their GPA isn't so great. So if anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
 
Hey everyone so I'm new to these forums and I've researched a bit and couldn't find anything that was specific help to my question so I'm hoping that you guys could help me out a bit. I'm just starting out as an undergraduate student looking to going into Pharmacy and just wanted some advice on what i should do in particular to help my acceptance into Pharmacy school.

-I know that GPA is by far one of the most important factors so that is my top priority.

-I am also working on getting a Pharm. tech job as well hopefully within the next year or so as I will get certified.

-I also plan to volunteer at hospitals

But what I am confused on is what should I do extraciricular wise? Is the volunteering enough? Or should I also become involved in extraciricular activities such as a student organization? Or is what I plan to do as said above enough? Because a common problem that I see is that so many students get involved to much and therefore their GPA isn't so great. So if anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

the activities you listed are good, but it would help to become more involved. It helps your application a lot to join a prepharmacy club and gain some kind of leadership position. It is entirely possible to get involved without hurting your GPA with good time management.
 
I personally think you hit the nail on the head. Yes GPA is very important, but it isn't everything, and I think you got the whole concept of ec's down. The fact that your going to be a pharm tech shows that your into pharmacy, and that you believe that is something that you want to do.. I would say that you should do a couple more activities that you enjoy and want to do, it doesn't have to be pharmacy related b/c you are already doing something in that area.