Feb 12, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I haven't applied to any schools yet, and i don't plan on it until Fall 2011 (or possible the fall after that). But i wanted know how the applications ask about your extracurricular activities- Do they as for specific leadership experience or do they just ask for a list of organizations you were involved in?

(I'm sorry if that was a little hard to understand, but i didn't know how else to ask my question.)

I'm worried about this because I'm currently a Freshmen in college and i am a member of a few different clubs, I haven't done much in any of them. I'm actually running for the Vice President position tonight for the Pre-Pharmacy society (not sure if i'll win- fingers crossed, lol). Other than these few clubs at school, I am volunteering at a hospital pharmacy this summer (i plan on doing this next summer too), as well as taking the PTCB exam. I don't know if this is enough, or if i should have more extracurriculars.

Also, I know a lot of you on here say that an A at a CC is not the same as an A at a harder 4 year university... So if i am a student at the University of Florida, is that considered a harder university?

Thank-you in advance to whoever replies! :)

sUrface

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2008
Status
It's all done through PharmCAS. In the EC portion they ask what organization/club it was, how many hours a week, start/stop date, brief description, and maybe leadership position/title (Im not sure about this one). I had 0 extracurriculars when I applied and got interviews at each school I wanted and accepted to a handful. Although I guess my research experience and publications helped with that :)

and yes UF would be considered a step above CC, it is a state school after all

Last edited: