Extracurriculars on the applications...

Started by StePharmD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StePharmD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't applied to any schools yet, and i don't plan on it until Fall 2011 (or possible the fall after that). But i wanted know how the applications ask about your extracurricular activities- Do they as for specific leadership experience or do they just ask for a list of organizations you were involved in?

(I'm sorry if that was a little hard to understand, but i didn't know how else to ask my question.)

I'm worried about this because I'm currently a Freshmen in college and i am a member of a few different clubs, I haven't done much in any of them. I'm actually running for the Vice President position tonight for the Pre-Pharmacy society (not sure if i'll win- fingers crossed, lol). Other than these few clubs at school, I am volunteering at a hospital pharmacy this summer (i plan on doing this next summer too), as well as taking the PTCB exam. I don't know if this is enough, or if i should have more extracurriculars.



Also, I know a lot of you on here say that an A at a CC is not the same as an A at a harder 4 year university... So if i am a student at the University of Florida, is that considered a harder university?


Thank-you in advance to whoever replies! 🙂
 
It's all done through PharmCAS. In the EC portion they ask what organization/club it was, how many hours a week, start/stop date, brief description, and maybe leadership position/title (Im not sure about this one). I had 0 extracurriculars when I applied and got interviews at each school I wanted and accepted to a handful. Although I guess my research experience and publications helped with that 🙂

and yes UF would be considered a step above CC, it is a state school after all
 
Last edited: