Extracurriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yummymelon

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be sorta lame if I listed an activity (Orchestra) I did in high school....that was like 6 years ago. Its not just high school orchestra, but a competitive international music program for high school aged muscians. Its something that I'm really proud of and has influenced me as a person.

I also recently started volunteering at a hospital and pharmacy....but it looks really bad cuz I only have like 3 total hours....... 😵..... is it even worth doing?

thanks!
 
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be sorta lame if I listed an activity (Orchestra) I did in high school....that was like 6 years ago. Its not just high school orchestra, but a competitive international music program for high school aged muscians. Its something that I'm really proud of and has influenced me as a person.

I also recently started volunteering at a hospital and pharmacy....but it looks really bad cuz I only have like 3 total hours....... 😵..... is it even worth doing?

thanks!

Yeah, you could list that. Did it pay anything?

Volunteering is worth it. Remember that you aren't guaranteed a spot this year, so it's worth continuing to beef up your application until you have an acceptance in hand. It might not be worth listing this new volunteer experience in the app but you'll be able to talk about it in the interview.