Extrapolating SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetski360

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think the ratio of actual accepted students is when say 3 people on studentdoctor.net have been? So basically what do you think the ratio of people applying/members of sdn applying is? 50%?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think SDN is even 50% of the population base applying although I hope it does grow beyond that! ;)

I think we approximated about 25% or so. Maybe more for DO schools since there aren't alot of resources specific to osteopathic medicine and we come up with people search them.

I am not going to even attempt to guess a number, but I'd say it is above the national average. There tends to be a lot more of the over-achieving eat, breathe, sleep premed types hanging around here. The people on this site tend to be a bit more motivated with the application process. I've talked to many a premed who has never really thought about the application process much.

I don't know what the % is but it has to be low. I train alot of premeds at my job who are usually just getting ready to apply. Not one yet has even heard of SDN. Of the medical students I've happened to mention this website to, not one of them has even heard of SDN. Usually these people apply to 1-3 schools, take their time on applications, and get in. SDN is a wierd place.

It seems like, in my experience anyway, that there is a higher % of osteopathic premeds on here compared to allopathic. At my undergrad school, hardly anybody I talked to knew of SDN and same thing with those I spoke to at my IUSM interview. When I interviewed at an osteopathic school, SDN was brought up several times throughout the day by both students and faculty.

Tfunk, it's funny you should say that because my premed adviser said that there were a lot of students who haven't even turned in their primaries yet at my school (the same one where few know of SDN). I wondered if there might be a correlation there - kind of what you were saying...