Extreme Senioritis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoBigRed03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone else not really care that much about grades (that is a senior undergrad that is?) I've worked my tail off for 6 semesters and now I'm only taking 12 credits, which consists of 2 jobs and 1 "real" class.

I find myself very unmotivated to do anything other than have fun and relax (and waste time on this board as brought to my attention from other interviewees)

Time to play PS2!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i have mad senioritis to the "nth" degree. (pick a degree). ive neglected pre-labs, homework and lecture for some classes. :cool: ive burned myself out for the last three years, so i don't wont to have a mild heart attack before M1. and since im not taking a year off...i'll need to start relaxing now! :laugh:

I've been in a grad school program for a month. Since I got an acceptance letter, I can't bring myself to do anything. How bad is it when you can't even study for your first set of midterms??

Members don't see this ad :)
that's exactly how I feel...got the first acceptance letter, done a good round of interviewing where i wasn't around for more than 5 days at a time...

back to more PS2 :) Trying to get all the cars in GT3 cause I have nothing better to do

totally,
taking 7 credits, watching a movie the night before the midterm.
Sweetness!!

definitely, got 8 credits over here and they are all night classes..........i sleep all day and after class go out............

nero

Originally posted by nero
definitely, got 8 credits over here and they are all night classes..........i sleep all day and after class go out............

If you already have your acceptance in hand, you should be taking it easy, because it'll hit the fan come August. Just be wary of "matriculation rules," ie "you must complete successfully the course of study you submitted in your AMCAS app." This usually just means graduating from college, no matter what the grades. But be anal and make sure your school doesn't have some "no grade lower than a C" clause or something. I've never heard of this, but I'd check before I let everything go to hell.

mike

Really bad case of senioritis here. Mine may even be worse since I'm graduating in December, so I only have 7 more weeks to go! :D My classes this semester include a one hour chem lab safety course, stats 100, companion animal management, and one actual bio class - 10 hours total. I already skipped one class this morning, and will probably miss my other today to drive to Milwaukee for an interview. God only knows what I'll do next semester when I don't even have class - probably spend even more time on SDN than I do now! :eek:

I was a major slacker my senior year...I don't regret it one bit. Take FULL ADVANTAGE of your senior year and the summer before you go to med school. As long as you get a C, you'll be alright.

I dunno how it is at other med schools, but at mine the work comes at you full force, non-stop. I mean, you get used to it, but gone are the days of undergrad, where you could party, play video games, and cram the last night or two before the test...

-LK
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Class of 2006

Just make sure you wait until you get an acceptance before you start blowing off classes. You may want to update files if you get waitlisted, and having a bunch of Cs won't help. I kind of fell apart my last semester in undergrad. It wasn't so much senoritis as depression. After failing to get into any medical schools, I was severely depressed for a month or so. I bombed my midterms and could only pull out Bs in all of my classes. I lost a 4.0 I had in science and my cum dropped from a 3.77 to a 3.69. Not the end of the world, but it doesn't help you if you're waitlisted or you try to get in the next year with worse stats. On the other hand if you've got an acceptance, party your ass off!

Do you guys think I should take human anatomy next semester? I'm debating whether I should completely slack off or take a difficult class that would help me in Med School.

don't take human anatomy next semester! its taught differently in med school and it will be even more boring the second time around. take something useful, like marimba dancing.

one of the posters above mentioned taking the senior year courses listed in our AMCAS. i'm only taking 2 out of the 4 that i listed though (some of the classes conflicted). my school (CWRU) already accepted me, but i never told them i'm taking a different schedule than is on my AMCAS. does it matter as long as i meet their requirements and graduate from college? thanks.

Originally posted by jot
don't take human anatomy next semester! its taught differently in med school and it will be even more boring the second time around. take something useful, like marimba dancing.

Thanks Jot, the voice of reason. I'm already taking astronomy, maybe I'll substitute "History of Rock & Roll" for anatomy. That would be 2 blowoffs.:clap: