Extremely low PCAT reading score. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pokemonpcat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished my Pcat today (Sept 5). I didn't do as well as I hoped. Here is the break down of my score:

Chemistry: 95
Biology: 84
Math: 88
Verbal: 43
Reading: 6
Composite: 72

Should I retake the exam in October? Are my science scores good enough to overshadow my low reading score, and still make me competitive? My major is General Science and Psychology. My gpa is 3.2.
I don't care about going to a top rank pharmacy school, I just want to get into ANY pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad.

Check pharmacy school you're interested in for details regarding pcat thresholds...some schools only care about composite, others want at least a certain percentile in each section.

Hey guys, I just finished my Pcat today (Sept 5). I didn't do as well as I hoped. Here is the break down of my score:

Chemistry: 95
Biology: 84
Math: 88
Verbal: 43
Reading: 6
Composite: 72

Should I retake the exam in October? Are my science scores good enough to overshadow my low reading score, and still make me competitive? My major is General Science and Psychology. My gpa is 3.2.
I don't care about going to a top rank pharmacy school, I just want to get into ANY pharmacy school.

how did you prepare for the math if you don't mind me asking? thanks!

how did you prepare for the math if you don't mind me asking? thanks!

@ The Duce: I used Dr. Collins study guide. His stuff is great if you're planning on excelling math, biology and chemistry. I literally went through all of his study guides and did over 1,000 exam questions. I managed to understand and correctly answer all of his science and math questions before the PCAT date. Of course, the PCAT comes from a pool of questions so not everything I learned on Dr. Collin's materials showed up on the exam. However, what I learned was more than enough to help me through those three portions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@ The Duce: I used Dr. Collins study guide. His stuff is great if you're planning on excelling math, biology and chemistry. I literally went through all of his study guides and did over 1,000 exam questions. I managed to understand and correctly answer all of his science and math questions before the PCAT date. Of course, the PCAT comes from a pool of questions so not everything I learned on Dr. Collin's materials showed up on the exam. However, what I learned was more than enough to help me through those three portions.

thank you for the information! I have Dr. Collins and I also purchased the crack the PCAT software so I have been using both, but definitely focusing more attention to the Collins stuff.

thank you for the information! I have Dr. Collins and I also purchased the crack the PCAT software so I have been using both, but definitely focusing more attention to the Collins stuff.
Hi, I also took it on sept 5 and really recommend exam 4 on the online pearson practice exams at least 80% of the math portion was the same no joke I studied pearson and collins going over them three times but dident study verbal or reading at all got 98 chem, 95 bio, 91 quant and never had a problem with time I just guessed and flagged the ones that I couldent comprehend right away and this trick is critical!!!!