Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Extremely Worried About my PAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by jhodges214, Jul 28, 2015.

1. jhodges214

2+ Year Member

I've been working at my PAT but I can't seem to get higher than a 16. I've been making 15s and 16s in Bootcamp and I'm really worried. Everyone that I've talked to has said Bootcamp is harder but I should aim for an 18 in Bootcamp to feel secure. My test is about two weeks out and I'm nervous I won't be able to get everything together. My other scores have consistently gone up. I started with a 10 in CDP so I know I've made progress. Should I push my test back?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    how are your other sections of the DAT?

4. jhodges214

2+ Year Member

QR: 17/16
    RC:19/21
    OC: 14/15/ 17
    GC: 19/20
    Biology 17/19/20

QR:I need to get out of the habit of wanting to solver every problem. I feel like with a little more practice I could get my QR to an 18 or 19
    RC: I heard that Bootcamp is about the same or little harder so I'm not worried
    OC: As I've practice more problems, my score has gone up
    Biology: I need work on reading the questions
    GC: I just need practice

Overall, I feel like my Academic sections will come together. I'm not too far off. Its just a matter of a few questions. I also just started taking practice tests last week

5. Mushibachan

Dental Student
    yeah seems like to me you just need more practice, but I guess you still have 2 weeks so keep working hard! :D

6. pikachurro

Pre-Dental
    For the next two weeks, do one PAT test a day. Take as much time as you need on each test.

Futuredentista62 likes this.
  7. The Dentanator

Pre-Dental
    Hammer that DAT BC PAT generator to death, too. Try videos on youtube or something if you haven't. PAT is more practice than anything, you just need that extra little bump to get you into the swing of things. Keep pushing and working hard and you'll be money.

htorres89 likes this.
  8. htorres89

2+ Year Member

Practice generators as much as you can. I really sucked at PAT when I first started. What I did was do 25 questions for each generator on DAT Bootcamp each day. The key is PRACTICE. More importantly, look at why you got each problem wrong. This WILL make you better! Before I was getting less than 16, now I'm getting 19's on avg. I hope by the time my DAT exam comes, I will be scoring 20 or higher on my Bootcamp test on average.

9. JLT223

JLT223 Dental Student
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    After just finishing my exam this afternoon, I was shocked at how much easier the PAT was than BC. BC prepares you very well, but it is overkill. Get the 2009 exam from the ADA. In my opinion, it was the most representative of anything that I used.

10. nicnic221

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi, I'm in the same position you were last year :( I was wondering how you ended up doing on your PAT section?