Extremely Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kn0101

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone help me! I have not been able to enjoy any of the holidays b/c I am sitting here with nothing but anxiety. I have not heard from any of the schools. My resume is pretty good, I would think. I've worked as orthodontist assistant for 6 years now. Leadership, volunteer, extracurricular.. etc..

My GPA is about a 3.35 rite now but its only low due to my freshman year. Every year after, I have made hte Dean's List and exhibited unbelievable improvement.

My DAT is 20 (22,21,20 sci; 18,17 math & verbal), and PAT 20

Psych major, Bio minor

I thought I had a pretty fair chance so I only applied to 8 schools:

University of Maryland
Boston Univ
NYU
Columbia
Temple
Tufts
UMDNJ
U of Pacific

Now, I am not too sure about anything anymore. Can someone tell me anything to calm my nerves?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, those are some pretty good stats!! When did you apply? I am sure you will get an acceptance during the second wave which is just a couple of days away. Keep your head up and stay positive because you will get in to atleast one of the schools you applied to.

kn0101 said:
Someone help me! I have not been able to enjoy any of the holidays b/c I am sitting here with nothing but anxiety. I have not heard from any of the schools. My resume is pretty good, I would think. I've worked as orthodontist assistant for 6 years now. Leadership, volunteer, extracurricular.. etc..

My GPA is about a 3.35 rite now but its only low due to my freshman year. Every year after, I have made hte Dean's List and exhibited unbelievable improvement.

My DAT is 20 (22,21,20 sci; 18,17 math & verbal), and PAT 20

Psych major, Bio minor

I thought I had a pretty fair chance so I only applied to 8 schools:

University of Maryland
Boston Univ
NYU
Columbia
Temple
Tufts
UMDNJ
U of Pacific

Now, I am not too sure about anything anymore. Can someone tell me anything to calm my nerves?

First question, as the previous poster said, is when did you apply? If you applied late, I wouldn't be worrying yet.

Second question, how many schools have you already interviewed at and what were those dates?

Just to give you a reference point:

I applied to ALL the schools you applied to and I have the exact same GPA and my DAT is only slightly higher (AA = 22). And I've only been a dental assistant for a little less than a year. Everything was submitted by August and I got interviews at Columbia and Maryland before Dec 1st and UMDNJ, BU and Temple after Dec 1st. I haven't heard a thing from UOP, NYU, or Tufts.

Hope that helps!
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
if you applied late then just wait it out...
if you applied early then CALL CALL CALL!!! call every school you havent heard from and make sure that you have everything in. if not then call aadsas and make them overnight everything that those schools dont have. in october i realized that i didnt have a complete file at 5 out of 10 schools i applied to and it turned out that aadsas didnt send a bunch of my letter (those bastards!!). the day after i had them overnigted, the letters that is, i got an interview.

good luck

If I were you, I would call the schools to check what the deal is. I heard AADSAS has screwed up some peoples applications so it's best if you follow up with the schools directly and make sure that they have all your stuff.