extrememly nervous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ind201

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i just took the kaplan final yesterday and got a 16 AA and 17 PA. :scared:
I'm taking my DAT this friday. Do u think i'll be able to get at least 19?
What can I do to improve? i have a coupld of kaplan exams which I'll be taking..
I have a 3.38 GPA so I was hoping at least for a 19, if not more..
Please help! any advice would be godsend.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You might be able to get a 19....and you might not. I've had friends who scored where you are at Kaplan who got 19 and 20s on the real test. And I have other friends who ended up with 17 and 18s. It all depends.

I would be really worried about your PAT score though. The real pat is much harder than the Kaplan Pat. The majority of people score 2-3 points lower on the real PAT than the Kaplan Pat. However, there are always exceptions I have another friend who was scoring 19 on Kaplan?s pat and scored a 20 on the real one.

But if you feel like you aren't ready to take it you might want to push it back a week or two.

Anyway just thoughts.

Use kaplan's practice PAT questions like crazy this week.

How many times have you gone over the DAT review book from Kaplan, I suggest you flip through the pages for Bio and reinforce areas you are weak at, don't read word for word...they go over Ochem, since that only takes like 3 hours for me to go over and go through Chem, and the day before the test, just work on PAT problems and some QR problems...

Members don't see this ad :)
dont know if this helps but i was getting 15-18 on top Score and just took dat with a 20/19, i was freaking nervous as hell and thinking i would be redoing the dat in november to try to get in this year, i felt ok during the dat but not terrific except for bio i felt confident, received a 21 in it. anyways dont worry just take it. some of these practice tests are not real indicative of the real thing...

First off, don't get discouraged over a score that doesn't count. Second, keep studying and don't let your guard down. You are not locked into that final Kaplan score and it is very possible, though not a guarantee, that you will score in the range of 18-20. Keep at it and best of luck! :thumbup:

thanks for the help guys :oops:

An extra week may not hurt...
but don;t get discouraged by your Kaplan scores, do what you think will be best for you, although im sure you'd be alright with 18s across the board

Kaplan Sci is hard compared to the actual test. The PAT is a lot easier however. You might want to spend a full day doing the barons and test masters PAT.