F.lux app for the computer (dims backlight of screen based on time)?

Started by koercive
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came across this application on lifehacker, which appropriately dims the lighting of the computer based on the time of day. I thought this forum would be an appropriate place to ask about its usefulness in terms of eye health.

For me, I tend to stay up late, so I went ahead and installed it. It was late at night yesterday and the program simulated 3100k light. It seemed to have a soothing effect on my eyes as the screen was significantly dimmed.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

(I am not affiliated with the company in any way)