IdontTakeCall

MS IV
10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Medical Student
COMLEX scores came in today. (level 1) 3 digit= 474 2 digit= 80. im around 110/280 in my class with an avg of 84-85 but no individual honors. Should i just right off EM now and go family practice or do i still have an outside shot at getting into an EM residency.

Toohotinvegas33

Currently Glasgow 3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2006
Penal Colony
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There are more factors then just step one. you still have clerkship grades, letters or rec, step 2 (which i hear EM programs consider more), audition rotations, and brown nosing.

OP
IdontTakeCall

IdontTakeCall

MS IV
10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Haha that means my score blows and without stellar performances on thsoe things you listed im screwed. dam

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Tally/Willkillya County
psu.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Clerkship grades and letters are pretty important regardless of your board scores. While it isn't DO programs, you can see what most PDs rank in order of importance online. I'd like to say the aamc site has the stuff...

shortbread9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2006
somewhere out there
Status
Attending Physician
im a huge proponent of taking step 1 (usmle). a much better exam in my opinion. comlex was written for people with esp or some crystal ball...we have all been there and know the types of horrible questions or dare i say phrases they pose to you and you are magically supposed to come up with an answer. usmle is basically...did you study and can you speak/ read grammatically correct english?...im assuming you meet this criteria. if you are definitely applying to just osteo residencies dont bother but seriously...and no offense to anyone in those programs but these days Do's are applying and being accepted more and more to allopath programs so if thats the path you want...u should take the test. im a horrible test taker and did fine on usmle....dont give up...the applications process is more than just test scores as others have said but if you feel you need to redeem yourself and apply allo...just get it done!
good luck