FA 2014 Errata

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ulikedaggers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there somewhere for us to submit errata yet? I've found 2 legit errors and an Amazon gift card would be quite handy right about now.

Members don't see this ad.

This is why I stuck with 2013, Im already doing my first run through of FA, it's nice to have a document/FA forum, full of all the errors I don't catch, so I don't re-learn it wrong.

GL with the new one :p

Also, last year I should have got like 10 gift cards, still waiting for that email... -.-

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How come some of the pictures/figures were deleted in the 2014 edition? Upon comparing the 12 to the 14, it looks like there's no image of the thalamus in the new edition.

Is there a list of deletions somewhere?

Last edited:
When I was going through it, it looked like all of the 2013 errata were fixed.

That hardly matters, when they change current material (that was error free the year previous) by putting it into say a new fancy format like on page 312 (adrenal steroid synthesis) vs last year, they will intrinsically put in errors. Of course they don't have many errors when they copy and paste the same sentences from the last years versions, YET that still happens right (2012 FA anyone?).

New material: High chance errors
Old material if newly formated/fancy upgrade: High chance errors
Simple copy/paste sentences: still errors

i wouldn't worry too much about the errata. there was a poster here ign who scored a 269 using the 2012 FA (which was riddled with errors...like 35 pages worth) and he never once looked at the errata or corrected the mistakes. i doubt you'll learn stuff "wrong" because there are checks and balances in place to prevent that from happening namely qbank questions. so if this is the first FA you're buying then buy 2014 and not 2013.

that said, if you already have 2013 and are comfortable with it and are close to your exam then stick with it because it will most likely be a negligible difference in your score.

but if you're paranoid and need to have the latest one with the latest feedback from students and latest facts/mnemonics then get 2014 for the peace of mind.

there really isn't a right or wrong answer here.

I don't think FA 2014 would harbor much errors. Since we know the material it wouldn't be of much problem. I have FA 2013 and since I have started my prep. recently, I would get the Kindle version of FA 2014. Amazon says that the Kindle version features highlighting and notes taking.

I don't think FA 2014 would harbor much errors. Since we know the material it wouldn't be of much problem. I have FA 2013 and since I have started my prep. recently, I would get the Kindle version of FA 2014. Amazon says that the Kindle version features highlighting and notes taking.

I bought the kindle version and used calibre to pull out the PDF. Kindle functions way too laggy to handle such a big, image heavy text like FA. Throw it into any PDF reader and it'll be less frustrating.

Reactions: 1 user
I bought the kindle version and used calibre to pull out the PDF. Kindle functions way too laggy to handle such a big, image heavy text like FA. Throw it into any PDF reader and it'll be less frustrating.
Sure, Thanks for the heads-up... :)