Face morphs to present post-op results in cosmetic surgery

Started by DocFK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocFK

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to know your thoughts on using face morphs in cosmetic surgery to show potential clients before and after images. Have you ever seen them before? Are they deceiving?

Here is a frame sequence that I created from actual before and after photos of lower and upper blepharoplasty:

 
I think using actual post op photos is not deceiving. I think using computer morphed photos (photoshop etc) of hopeful outcomes to a pre-op patient has the potential to be deceiving.
 
It's fine as long as the morph is just a simple transition between patient photographs.

I would apply the same standards for research pictures:

ABSOLUTELY NO photo manipulation
Can ONLY adjust brightness/contrast for the whole image.