Fact or Fiction? 33% to SOAP?

Started by sevenout
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suspect that the match rates will be similar to previous years (with the exception of the global 2% match rate drop for both USMD and DOs), but I imagine that the bulk of unmatched DOs will heavily skew towards newer DO programs with the more established ones continuing to put up good numbers.
 
Thanks for the responses everyone, fortunate to have been accepted at a more well established program, though of course that far from precludes me from the work necessary to earn a residency spot in four years.

Couldn't help my curiosity about such a program, honestly I thought it might have been Burrell before i had a little more info.
 
I suspect that the match rates will be similar to previous years (with the exception of the global 2% match rate drop for both USMD and DOs), but I imagine that the bulk of unmatched DOs will heavily skew towards newer DO programs with the more established ones continuing to put up good numbers.
You mean the global 0.9% drop for MDs and the 1.6% drop for DOs. New! Press Release: NRMP Delivers Strong Residency Match During Uncertain Times - The Match, National Resident Matching Program

the programs that place well will let you know quickly. I am not sure any DO school has had 100% placement this year.
 
Thanks for the responses everyone, fortunate to have been accepted at a more well established program, though of course that far from precludes me from the work necessary to earn a residency spot in four years.

Couldn't help my curiosity about such a program, honestly I thought it might have been Burrell before i had a little more info.
I sincerely hope you get off the one WL that you are on by metriculation date. Sending you possitibe vibe. GL