Factory Farm

Started by 4Paws89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

4Paws89

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi There,

I did work at a factory farm sexing chickens...
Should I put that on my vet school application. I dont want them to think I am a bad guy-I just wanted to see first hand what goes on at these billion dollar industries !?!?!?!

Advice-please!!:bag:
 
Hi There,

I did work at a factory farm sexing chickens...
Should I put that on my vet school application. I dont want them to think I am a bad guy-I just wanted to see first hand what goes on at these billion dollar industries !?!?!?!

Advice-please!!:bag:

Yes, put it in. Most vet school admissions committees are going to know that factory farm does not necessarily equal evil incarnate, despite what the media perception may be.
 
Hi There,

I did work at a factory farm sexing chickens...
Should I put that on my vet school application. I dont want them to think I am a bad guy-I just wanted to see first hand what goes on at these billion dollar industries !?!?!?!

Advice-please!!:bag:

Sounds like an interesting experience. I'd definitely include it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd definitely include it since it's such a unique experience. I'd definitely be prepared to answer questions stemming from this experience during interviews, but I think it will give you an interesting view point.