FAFSA delayed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellwatcanwedonow

Reaction score
Has anyone elses FAFSA not been processed? Mine says they may be sent out by mid March. Im worried this may delay my financial package before trafficking day

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone elses FAFSA not been processed? Mine says they may be sent out by mid March. Im worried this may delay my financial package before trafficking day
It is an issue within the new FAFSA and none of the schools can do your financial aid until they get the processed FAFSA.
All your fellow applicants are in the same situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Since we are all in this position, is there any chance that there will be an extension of the deadline for CTE/PTE? I'm worried about having to decide without all the financial aid info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since we are all in this position, is there any chance that there will be an extension of the deadline for CTE/PTE? I'm worried about having to decide without all the financial aid info.
Deadlines for CTE are set by the schools. You will have to ask them.

Reactions: 1 users
After submission, is there a way we can double check which schools our FAFSA was submitted to?

After submission, is there a way we can double check which schools our FAFSA was submitted to?
Only after it has been processed can you add schools or work on any corrections. Everyone is waiting on the processing right now and cannot review their submission.

Reactions: 1 user
It seems FAFSA has processed applications up to January 15th. Many people on reddit report having been processed. I submitted January 1st and got skipped over, still in review. So frustrating.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems FAFSA has processed applications up to January 15th. Many people on reddit report having been processed. I submitted January 1st and got skipped over, still in review. So frustrating.
To add on to this, even if it has been processed, I believe you won't be able to make corrections/add schools until later in March.

Reactions: 4 users
FYI: The AAMC provided the following recommendations for students holding acceptances but waiting to get scholarship information based on FAFSA before choosing which school to attend:
  • If they have questions for schools where they have been accepted, they should ask the school's admissions office directly.
    • They can ask when the school anticipates making and communicating decisions related to scholarships and loans (for most situations, loans are a given and may not typically be sent until later, so scholarship decisions is likely the pertinent question to help applicants make decisions)
    • If this is after the April 15 and 30th protocol and CTE (Commit to Enroll) dates, they can ask if the school is willing to allow time to decide until scholarship decisions are made and communicated.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users